Today marks the first day of the last semester of high school for both of us. Although 4 years sounds like a long time, but the 4 years we spend in high school goes by in what seems like a few months. One minute we are small, naïve freshman excited to explore every corner of the school, then the next minute we’re walking down the halls as the role models of the school, well prepared for the next chapter of our lives.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that no matter where you are, middle school, high school, college or even out working, live each day to the fullest because you won’t get to relive it again. There’s so many things we can do each day, and there’s not enough time in the day. It’s a race against time.
Happy Monday everyone!
This one’s going to be for all you students out there.
My fellow students, finals have crept up behind us out of no where and put us in a sudden wave of stress and panic.
We’ve all been there before, and I’ve been able to experience many rounds of semester finals.
Here are a few quick tips that I’ve picked up along the way!
1. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!! I cannot stress this enough! It’s the worst feeling to know that you could have done better…if only you had started studying earlier.
2. Of course STUDY! But when it comes to studying, taking breaks to give yourself a breath is as important.
3. Stay organized! Clean up that cluttered desk before you start studying, Locate all your useful notes, Know when all of your finals are scheduled- so you can plan ahead! Using a planner/agenda is super helpful in these situations!
4. HYDRATE AND GET TO BED!!! Yes, yes studying is one of the most important things, but what use is studying if you can’t even stay awake during the test?
5. Lastly, don’t beat yourself down over finals!:) Its true that finals can make or break your grade in the class, but also remember that one bad grade does not define you! Maybe you don’t see that glorious column of A’s when you look at your grades, but if you did the best that YOU could do, that’s all that matters! Be proud of your accomplishments and try to relax a little before finals:)
I know you guys’ll rock it come finals! Good luck!!!
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and new years with family and friends.
The New Year always brings new change. One thing I learned this past year is that change can be a good thing and sometimes there are people in your life who will only make a appearance in one chapter of your story. It may seem scary at first, but just know that everything happens for a reason and everything will be okay.
If you are anyone like me, you always try to see the best in people and you don’t want to hear the negative comments people tell you. Though, sometimes we just need to let go. We need to let go of people who are holding us back and start a new journey. And if one of your relationships begin to wither away, don’t be afraid. It is part of life and it is time to try something new.
Everyone who comes into your life is part of your life for a reason. Whether someone makes a positive or negative impact, the experience you go through with that person, shapes who you are. Be thankful for everyone you meet, but know that as time goes on, some of your relationships will drift away, others will become strongers, and new ones will bloom.
Good luck this upcoming year and let life take its own course. Be fearless. Be free. Enjoy life.
Happy 2015! Th15 is YOUR year.
Since I’m getting my last few college apps turned in and Kristine is in Japan (she will make a Japan post when she gets back!), this is going to be a short post today!
This is our last post in 2014, so I want to challenge you guys to reflect on your year and share with us what your new years resolutions are! It’s important that when you’re making your list, these resolutions should be realistic and instead of just having a list, write out how you will accomplish each goal!
Good luck and I hope you all have a wonderful New Year’s!
P.S. Thank you all so much for following our blog! This year was just the beginning and we have some great posts coming to you in 2015! ❤
~A year from now, you will wish you had started today~
Happy Holidays everybody!
With Christmas just around the corner, many of you may be hustling around to do that last minute present shopping for your loved ones. As I was getting my shopping done, I could not think of one thing to buy for a friend of mine. (And even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, it’s good to keep this in mind too!) I realized that you don’t have to necessarily buy a gift for someone, you can gift something homemade which would be just as special, maybe even more special! Little baked treats, a tree ornament special to the both of you, or a scrapbook! All these things will clearly send the message that you truly care for and is thankful for that person to be in your life. Remember it’s not the amount of money you spend, it’s the time and thought you put into the gift.