Happy Monday everyone!
This one’s going to be for all you students out there.
My fellow students, finals have crept up behind us out of no where and put us in a sudden wave of stress and panic.
We’ve all been there before, and I’ve been able to experience many rounds of semester finals.
Here are a few quick tips that I’ve picked up along the way!
1. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!! I cannot stress this enough! It’s the worst feeling to know that you could have done better…if only you had started studying earlier.
2. Of course STUDY! But when it comes to studying, taking breaks to give yourself a breath is as important.
3. Stay organized! Clean up that cluttered desk before you start studying, Locate all your useful notes, Know when all of your finals are scheduled- so you can plan ahead! Using a planner/agenda is super helpful in these situations!
4. HYDRATE AND GET TO BED!!! Yes, yes studying is one of the most important things, but what use is studying if you can’t even stay awake during the test?
5. Lastly, don’t beat yourself down over finals!:) Its true that finals can make or break your grade in the class, but also remember that one bad grade does not define you! Maybe you don’t see that glorious column of A’s when you look at your grades, but if you did the best that YOU could do, that’s all that matters! Be proud of your accomplishments and try to relax a little before finals:)
I know you guys’ll rock it come finals! Good luck!!!
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and new years with family and friends.
The New Year always brings new change. One thing I learned this past year is that change can be a good thing and sometimes there are people in your life who will only make a appearance in one chapter of your story. It may seem scary at first, but just know that everything happens for a reason and everything will be okay.
If you are anyone like me, you always try to see the best in people and you don’t want to hear the negative comments people tell you. Though, sometimes we just need to let go. We need to let go of people who are holding us back and start a new journey. And if one of your relationships begin to wither away, don’t be afraid. It is part of life and it is time to try something new.
Everyone who comes into your life is part of your life for a reason. Whether someone makes a positive or negative impact, the experience you go through with that person, shapes who you are. Be thankful for everyone you meet, but know that as time goes on, some of your relationships will drift away, others will become strongers, and new ones will bloom.
Good luck this upcoming year and let life take its own course. Be fearless. Be free. Enjoy life.
Happy 2015! Th15 is YOUR year.
(Bonus #MotivationalMonday post!)
I want to start off by saying that YOU are beautiful both inside and out. If anyone has ever told you that you are ugly, fat, a geek, or anything of that sort, they are WRONG.
Everyone has those days when they feel defeated and begin to question why am I not good enough?. But what does that even mean? To be good enough for what? You do not need to feel the pressure to please anyone, but yourself. Love who you are and embrace every awkward part of you.
The best type of beauty is confidence. Acknowledge your flaws and do not let them hold you back. Show the world your imperfections; show people that you are stronger than them and can conquer anything despite a few little flaws. Most importantly, love your imperfections because that is what makes you unique and special.
Surround yourself with people who accept you for who you are and if someone cannot look past your imperfections, they do not deserve your time and love. Remember, your family and true friends will always love you no matter what happens. They will be part of your journey through life, so keep them close! We can all use a little bit of love and support.
Love yourself and love others ❤
Happy Monday everyone!! I hope you all were able to catch up on your sleep this weekend so you’re all geared up and ready to work for the next few days!
Can you believe it’s already the middle of November?! Time really does fly when we’re hustling and bustling everyday! We are already nearing the end of 2014, which means we are about a third of the way done with the school year. Being a senior in highschool, the clock is ticking and counting down the days left of childhood.
I think the most important thing we need to realize and what most people can improve on is to live in the moment. Don’t think that you’ll get another opportunity in the future, whether it is running for class president, or applying for a job, because chances are, you won’t get another opportunity. Not saying that second chances are never granted, but it’s more that we need to put ourselves out there more often and take that first step toward our goals. It’s okay to be spontaneous! If you make a mistake, learn from them! Cherish those mistakes because it makes up who we are, but at the same time, don’t let them stop you from getting out there and chasing your dreams again.
So, do what you want to do before time gets away from you, and go grab your ambitions and dreams without being scared to fail!
Phew, sorry for the long post but I really believe it’s something that needs to be heard!
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Halloween weekend and happy daylight savings!
As president of Honor Society, things can get tricky sometimes; especially, when you have over 170 members in your club! With event planning, hour recording, etc. it can get pretty stressful. When there are complaints about meeting times, you can feel frustrated, angry, and defeated.
What I learned from this incident is that you need to believe in your ideas and do not let others push you around and sway your thoughts. As a leader, you need to stick up to your beliefs and do what you believe is right. Whether you are a leading a small group of 4 or leading the world, there are going to be conflicts. You can not please everyone, so you need to make the tough decisions that others are not willing to make and follow through with it. Do not let others scrap you down and take that power away from you. You became a leader for a reason and it is your time to shine.
Being a leader means taking responsibility, sharing your ideas, and influencing your peers in a positive way to benefit the community as a whole.
What does being a leader mean to you?
Quote by Nelson Mandela
Have you ever felt so stressed that you just wanted to give up? Just let go of everything ? Wouldn’t that just be the easy thing to do? We have all been there at some point in our life and whether you are a student or parent, we can all relate to this. It always seems like we have a endless list of things to do and the trick to de-stressing is prioritizing.
1) Be organized. Have a list of everything you want to accomplish in a notebook, agenda or on your calendar.
2) Prioritize your list! Understand when you need to finish each task.
3) Focus. Steadily go through each thing you need to accomplish and before you know it, you’ll be done!
4) Celebrate! Once you finish one thing you need to accomplish, treat yourself to a bath, a show, indulge in some treats, or whatever else you would like. This gives you a little break before you conquer your next task. This is a really important step because no one has a infinite attention span, so clearing your mind or 30 min to a hour will help you reenergize. Your mind & body will love you and you’ll be surprised how fast you finish everything on your list.
5) Repeat. These 5 simple steps will save you! They may seem cliche, but they are the keys to success. Try it this week and let me know how it goes in the comments!
Have a wonderful week everyone!